Updates from the VSA

The new Street Eats food truck stopped in Main Circle on Tuesday, Sept. 12. In addition to Street Eats, Tasty Tuesday is also starting up again next Tuesday, Sept. 19. / Courtesy of Charlotte Varcoe-Wolfson / The Miscellany News

Chosen Names

You can now change to using your preferred name on email, Moodle, the student directory and class lists! Go to iam.vassar.edu, click the Profile tab and choose Chosen Name. Type in your name as you want in Vassar systems. Your Chosen Name can be updated as needed.

Forum with President Bradley

VSA Senate had a forum with President Bradley this past Sunday. She is eager to hear students’ ideas, questions, comments and concerns, and she wants to hear from students via email. Additionally, she holds office hours every Sunday evening. These were some of the issues discussed in the forum: possible responses from the college on DACA, the need for a change in the campus party rules to reflect out-of-class needs of students and some information on Vassar’s endowment and financial aid spending.

Title IX Student Advisory Committee

Apply to be on the new Title IX Student Advisory Committee (SAC)! The Title IX SAC presents policy and education suggestions to the Title IX office, raises awareness about ongoing efforts to reduce sexual assault on campus and presents an annual report to the VSA about this work. We recognize that in the current climate, many of you may be looking to get involved in efforts to reduce sexual violence on our campus. There is a form linked in VSA President Anish Kanoria’s weekly email to apply!

Tasty Tuesday

The first Tasty Tuesday will be Sept. 19, and all of the vendors who accept VCash will also be accepting Arlington Bucks.

We are looking for more all campus-programming events for Vassar students, so if your org is interested please email vsaorgs[at]vassar.edu.

Student/Labor Dialogue Rally

Student/Labor Dialogue (SLD) is calling all students and workers to show up to a rally on Friday, Sept. 15, at 5 p.m. in ACDC. Meet on the outside steps of the ACDC at 4:50 p.m. so we can bring everyone up to speed on the particulars of the action and enter the space together.

AEO Feedback

Have you had an experience with the Office of Accommodations and Accessibility? The VSA is looking for anonymous student input to provide information to the administration so the AEO can be improved. See the form hyperlinked in Kanoria’s weekly email.

Project Period

Project period will be returning! The Committee of Health and Wellness will be ordering more products soon.

DACA Rally Reimbursements

Do you need to be reimbursed for your train ticket to the DACA rally in NYC on Saturday? Come see Chair of Finance Robyn Lin in her office hours with your receipt and a photo of you at the rally! Her office hours are Thursday 12-2, Monday 3-5 and Tuesday 1-3.

Upcoming Elections

Elections for VSA Vice President and firstyear VSA Senate positions are soon to be under way, and there will be a Q&A session with the candidates Thursday, Sept. 14, at 7:30 p.m. in Sanders Classroom. Voting starts Friday and ends Sunday!

-Sarah Jane Muder, VSA General Intern

October Break One-Way Bus to Boston

Campus Activities will once again be offering an October Break bus to Boston. Ticket sales started Wednesday, Sept. 13, and will continue until the tickets are sold out.

Date and Time: Friday, Oct. 6, 3:30 p.m. sharp (Check-in starts at 3:15 p.m.)
Location: front of Main Building.
Cost: $45 Cash/VCash/Check. NO REFUNDS.

Stop 1: MBTA Riverside Station, 333 Grove Street, Newton, MA.

Stop 2: MBTA South Station, Atlantic Avenue & Summer Street, Boston, MA.

Tickets may be purchased in the Campus Activities Office Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tickets will be on sale until they are all sold out. Please contact Gail Beckwith with any questions at gabeckwith[at]vassar.edu.

-Anish Kanoria, VSA President