Updates from the VSA

Project Period

Project Period is up and running thanks to the Committee of Health and Wellness! Dorms were stocked with supplies last Thursday and are expected to be continuously replenished about every two-and-a-half to three weeks! Decomposable products were ordered and will made available within three weeks as well.

What To Do?

The “What To Do List” is almost complete for students to have access to answers about FAQs about residential life. It will include answers to questions spanning from where to go if you get sick to who to contact if your room needs a repair!

DACA

Some students are contributing to a DACA letter, which is a formal letter to the college administration asking them if they would join the University of California lawsuit in opposition to ending DACA. We in the VSA would also like to have President Elizabeth Bradley use her position as president to encourage the other Seven Sisters to join in to the suit to gain power on this movement.

Inauguration

The Presidential Inauguration is happening this weekend! Here is a brief version of the agenda:

Saturday:

1:30 p.m. A Panel Discussion in Skinner on “Liberal Education in a Globalized World” moderated by Elizabeth Bradley and featuring many other speakers.

3:00 p.m. Discussion panel in Skinner on “Health and Health Care…Where are we Going?”

9:00 p.m. Celebration in the Deece! Come have fun, listen to music and eat food!

Sunday:

1:00 p.m. Inauguration in the Chapel! It will be livestreamed for those who cannot come. Tickets are required for the Ceremony and can be picked up at the Campus Activities Information Desk in Main Building until Friday, Sept. 22, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Make sure to bring your ID.

3:00 p.m. Reception for all on the Library Lawn!

Tasty Tuesday is back!

Tasty Tuesday started on Tuesday, Sept. 19, in the College Center. You can use Arlington Bucks with any vendor who accepts VCash! Make sure to take a look if you missed it last time and scope out delicious treats!

Mental Health Fair

Health and Wellness will be holding a Mental Health Fair on on Thursday, Dec. 7, from 2:00 to 6:00 p.m. Activities for the fair are still being brainstormed, after which they will be reviewed by Metcalf for approval!

—Matea Mezic ’19, Board of Student Affairs Intern

VSA Committee meeting times (at VSA office):

Equity and Inclusion: Fridays 3:00 to 4:00 p.m.

Orgs: Fridays 2:00 to 3:00 p.m.

Planning: Fridays 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.

Operations: Thursdays 7:00 to 8:00 p.m.

Finance: Wednesdays 3:00 p.m. onwards

Health and Wellness: Mondays 3:30 to 4;30 p.m.

Programming: Saturdays 12:00 to 1:00 p.m.

Board of Residential Affairs: Sundays 2:00 to 3:00 p.m.

VSA Senate: Sundays 7:00 p.m. onwards (New England 105)

—Anish Kanoria ’18, VSA President