VSA Updates

The Vassar Student Association (VSA) Senate gathered for their first meeting of the semester. Executive Board members and class senators look forward to serving the student body. Courtesy of Kelsie Milburn.

The Third Senate of the Vassar Student Association (VSA) held its first meeting of the semester on Sunday, Sept. 9, at 2:30 p.m. in Rockefeller Hall.

1. Executive Board Updates

Chair of Equity & Inclusion

Met with Committee on Inclusion and Equity (CIE) on Friday, Sept. 7, and discussed reviewing and revising policy on affinity spaces. CIE explored the option of focus- ing on free speech this year.

Chair of Academics

Curricular changes will go into effect in Fall 2019. These changes will primarily affect the Classes of 2021 and 2022.

Chair of Organizations

Orgs Committee will be conducting an audit of Crafts Not Bombs due to their attempt to use org funds to print the Disorientation Guide. Until the audit is complete, the org will not be able to register events through the SARC Office or access their budget.

Chair of Finance

Last week, Finance hosted Treasurer Training. They are working on getting all treasurers p-cards and access to Workday. The Special Purpose Fund app is open.

Chair of Residential Affairs

Met with Teresa Quinn regarding summer meal plans.

Vice President

Will meet with Communications to update the VSA website.

VSA hosted an open house on Sunday, Sept. 9, and enjoyed seeing everyone’s fac- es.

President

Looking into the idea of a Poughkeepsie pick-up project.

2. Committee Updates

Chair of Health and Wellness

Met briefly with Wendy Freedman about expanding the counseling service at Vas- sar.

Chair of Programming

Tasty Tuesday and Saturday shuttle are up and running! There are seven vendors who will be rotating week-to-week.
Plans for the New York City shuttle are in the works.

3. Committee Times

Academics: Tuesdays at 8 p.m. in the VSA office
Organizations: Tuesdays at 5 p.m. in the VSA office

Health and Wellness: Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m. in the VSA office Programming: Tuesday at 7 p.m. in the VSA office

Planning: Thursday at 7 p.m. in the VSA office (this week)

Stay tuned for remaining committee times and the Executive Board’s office hours!