- 500/650 for Chinese Student Community from Community
- —Contingent $10 subsidy of $15 tickets for students who attend MidAutumn Festival Celebration
630/630 for Forum of Political Thought from Collaboration —Screening: Guangzhou Dream Factory
Fall Election Schedule
- Wednesday, Sept. 19: Filing opens at 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 25: Filing closes at 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 26: Candidates Meeting at 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 3: Election opens at 12 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 5: Election closes at 12 p.m., results posted that night
Executive Board Updates:
Chair of Academics
- Academics is hoping to hold a Senate forum with Dean of Studies Benjamin Lotto, Dean of the Faculty Jonathan Chenette and Professor of Education Christopher Bjork.
Chair of Organizations
- Orgs Committee met last week and talked about the audit of Crafts Not Bombs. The committee reviewed the org’s constitution on Tuesday, Sept. 18.
- The committee held make-up SAVP training and now most org leaders are trained.
- The committee is preparing the time- line for pre- and full-org applications. The application process is complicated and takes a long time, so the committee is considering revising the bylaws.
- The committee is working on updating the VSA webpage for organizations.
Chair of Equity and Inclusion
- Chair met with Wayne Assing to discuss Character Day, which will take place on Wednesday, Sept. 26. This global initiative invites participants to attend film screenings and discuss building character strengths.
Chair of Finance
- Chair of Finance will meet with CIS on Friday, Sept. 24 to talk about
- Chair and Co-Chair of Finance discussed increasing the number of BOEA members.
- The last treasurers’ training is coming up!
- Operations Committee will appoint first-year and senior Board of Elections and Appointments representatives.
- Vice President is meeting with Communications about the VSA website shortly.
- President is still figuring out details of Poughkeepsie pick-up project.
Committee Chair Updates:
Chair of Programming
- There will be one NYC shuttle on Oct. 27 and two on Nov. 17.
Chair of Health and Wellness
- Chair encouraged members of health-related orgs and LGBTQ Center interns to attend committee meetings.