VSA Updates

Updates from the VSA meeting of Feb. 3, 2019

Consensus Agenda – Passed

• Pre-Approved Allocations:
  • Pre-Approved Allocations:
  • 31.98/31.98 from Capital to Quidditch
  • 150/150 from Discretionary to Chess Club

• Allocations:

• 1000/1320 from Conference to Tech Conglomerate for 4 people to attend USITT Conference & Stage Expo in Louisville, KY
  • 3000/3000 from Discretionary to Senior Class to balance out 50 Nights contributions
  • 2053.14/3089.67 from Capital to Student Musician’s Union for new drum kit (revised itemized list)
  • 2000/2500 from Speakers t0 No Such Organization for SAMMUS speaker during No Such Con, contingent on adequate time and space for speaker

Equity and Inclusion Committee

Chair of Equity and Inclusion Eloudia Odamy met with the College’s Committee on Inclusion and Excellence (CIE) to discuss amendments to the College’s affinity space policy.

The Engaged Pluralism Initiative (EPI) will be hosting a screening of the film “The Reluctant Fundamentalist” on Feb. 25 at 5 p.m, including a workshop and discussion of issues related to the film.  

Residential Affairs Committee

Chair of Residential Affairs Jenny Luo met with CIS to brainstorm possible alternatives to current computer access in residential houses.

Finance Committee

The committee will be holding a forum on Wednesday, Feb. 13, in Rocky 200 that will deal with the process of working with VSA Finance. The forum will include a presentation on applying for VSA funding and a Q-and-A session with the committee.

President

President Tamar Ballard is in the process of selecting College administrators to attend VSA Senate meetings for this semester’s Administrator Forums. When these dates have been finalized, they will be made public so that students can attend.

Ballard also met with representatives of the Alumnae/i Affairs Office to discuss converting the Senior Gift Co-Chairs from appointed to elected positions.

—Julian Corbett, VSA General Intern

Read by:

SG

ML