VSA UPDATES

Consensus Agenda—Passed

Pre-Approved Allocations:

• 43/43 from Capital to Bike Shop for a chain link remover to remove chain link from bikes.
  • 71/71 from Capital to Bike Shop for a round saw bit for cutting u-locks.
  • 350/350 from Discretionary to Burlesque for security for remaining Burlesque shows this semester.

Allocations:

• 107/157 from Collaboration to Quidditch for security costs of Yule Ball.
  • 3850/3850 from Speakers to ASA for Asian American Studies Speaker Series Part 1: Professor Gary Okihiro.

Programming Committee

The committee will be hosting an all-campus event at the Chance Theater in collaboration with ViCE, VCSS and WVKR on Friday, Nov. 30. The event is from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. with a capacity of 900 students. It is UV-themed and performer lineups will be announced in the coming weeks.

The committee will be selling tickets for $5 in the College Center beginning with the week of Nov. 20 and running up until the event; tickets will be $8 at the door.

The next shuttle to New York City will be on Saturday, Nov. 17. It will leave from Main Circle at 8 a.m. and will return to campus at 10 p.m. Programming will be tabling on Wednesday, Nov. 14, and tickets are $5.

Planning Committee

Chair of Planning Sam Steeves relayed a message from Dean of Strategic Planning Marianne Begemann that the Shakespeare Garden will be undergoing renovations to restore the plant beds and make the space more accessible to the campus community.

The committee is looking at the VSA governing documents as they relate to transparency. Committee members aim to clarify the class senator positions.

Academics Committee

The committee to review the reappointment of Dean of Studies Ben Lotto has begun its meetings. Students with any questions, concerns or opinions are welcome to direct them to Chair of Academics May Venkat at vsaacademics[at] vassar.edu.

President

The Engaged Pluralism Initiative (EPI) presented the findings of last year’s Campus Climate Survey on Wednesday, Nov. 14, from 12:30 to 2:00 p.m. in the College Center MPR and from 3:00 to 4:30 p.m. in Rocky 200. President Tamar Ballard encouraged all students to attend these information sessions and talk to administrators regarding concerns they may have about the data.