VSA Updates

Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.

Updates from the VSA meeting of Feb. 24, 2019

Consensus Agenda – Passed

• Pre-Approved Allocations:
  • 198/198 from Collaboration to Chabad for supplies and ingredients for Campus Wide Challah Bake

• Allocations:

• 600/600 from Discretionary to Habitat for Humanity for 2nd Annual Vassar Habitat Service Week in North Carolina
  • 1500/1500 from Social Consciousness to BSU (in conjunction with the ALANA Center) to bring the poet Lenelle Moise to perform at the Black History Month Closing Ceremony.

• Appointments:
    • Programming Director for Joss House: Anastasia Koutavas
  • VSA Elections Timeline:
    • March 27, 12 pm: Filing Opens
    • April 3, 12 pm: Filing Closes
    • April 3, 5/6 pm: Mandatory Candidates Meeting
    • April 9, time tbd: Exec Board Candidate Debate
    • April 10, 12 pm: Voting Opens
    • April 12, 12 pm: Voting Closes
    • April 12, time tbd: Election Results announced in Old Bookstore

Forum with Luis Inoa and Wendy Maragh Taylor

The last Senate meeting was attended by Associate Dean of the College for Residential Life and Wellness Luis Inoa and Associate Dean of the College for Student Growth and Engagement Wendy Maragh Taylor. Both Inoa and Taylor spoke about their roles in campus life and together led the Senate in a discussion of the College’s orientation programs for first-year students. Senate members had an opportunity to share their opinions on College practices and to ask questions of the two administrators.

Academics Committee

The committee’s majors fair will be held on Friday, April 19, to provide undeclared students an opportunity to meet with representatives of most departments and programs and discuss possible majors in advance of pre-registration.

Operations Committee

Filing to run in VSA elections for the upcoming academic year will begin on March 7 and be open until the end of spring break. Elections are tentatively planned for the end of March.

Health and Wellness Committee

The committee is planning to send out a survey of student experiences with mental health resources on campus.

President

The March 7 administrator forum, originally intended to feature Assistant Dean of Students Rich Horowitz, will now be attended by Dean of Studies Ben Lotto.

—Julian Corbett, VSA General Intern