VSA Updates

Updates from the VSA meeting of March 24, 2019

Consensus Agenda – Passed

• Pre-Approved Allocations:
    • 1000/1000 from Conference to Vassar Debate Society for attending Debate Nationals, US Universities Debating Championship in Clemson, SC
    • 3000/3000 from Discretionary to ViCE Weekly for ViCE Weekly Concert music artist costs
  • Allocations:
    • 2450.50/1300 from Collaboration to The Underground for Red Sand Gala speaker, updated costs.
    • 750/750 from Administration to Office of Community-Engaged Learning for Student Community Engagement Celebration
    • 243/243 from Collaboration to ACCESS for film Screening of “Mary & Max”
    • 2424/2574 from Speakers to Wordsmiths for A Night of Poetry with Chrysanthemum Tran
      • Minus $150 contribution from English Department
    • 3500/3500 from Discretionary to ViCE Music for increased funds for Spring Concert opener
    • 2430/1800 from Speakers to The Barefoot Monkeys for MSMD 8: A Little L8 annual circus convention for speakers and increased security costs
    • 1560/1560 from Speakers to SJP for Zachariah Barghouti speaker as part of panel
  • Amendments to Governing Documents
    • Senate adopted amendments to the VSA Constitution and Bylaws that removed the specific VSA Board assignments of class senators.
    • Previously, each class elected one senator to each of the following areas: Activities, Strategic Planning, and Student Affairs; senators sat on VSA Committees corresponding to their positions (e.g. Senators for Student Affairs sat on Equity and Inclusion, Senators for Strategic Planning sat on Operations, etc.).
    • Under the new rules, three senators will be elected at-large from each class and will receive committee assignments at the discretion of the Executive Board.

VSA Elections

Filing for VSA Spring Elections will begin this Wednesday and will end on April 3.

Organizations Committee

Pre-Org applications will be due by March 30 at midnight. A link to the application will be sent out in the coming days. Existing orgs who have not already submitted their constitutions to Chair of Organizations Dea Oviedo ([email protected]) should do so by April 1 at midnight.

—Julian Corbett, VSA General Intern