Resources for protestors and organizations seeking donations

On Monday, May 25, George Floyd, an unarmed Black man, was killed by officers of the Minneapolis Police Department who were arresting him on suspicion of using counterfeit money. One officer has since been arrested and charged with third degree murder and manslaughter. Just weeks after the shooting of Breonna Taylor, which has been described as a botched police raid, Floyd’s death became the impetus for a wave of anti-racism protests that have since spread across the United States. The following are resources to support ongoing political action and social justice-oriented organizations.

The Minnesota Freedom Fund has asked that donations move to these other organizations:

If you can support fellow Vassar Students and people across the country who are protesting, here are some places to donate:

Find a network of community bail funds organized by Community Justice Exchange here.

Find information about and donate to The Bail Project, which runs a national revolving bail fund, here.

In addition to the Misc ([email protected]), here are additional outlets you can send letters to the editor to push local representatives to prioritize ending police violence and other forms of institutional racism:

Courtesy of ENJAN.

Here is a resource to find your local representatives, their bills and committees and how to contact them.

Here is a guide to sanitation for direct action during the COVID-19 pandemic adapted from QueerCare.

Here are ways to protect your digital privacy while protesting.

Here are methods to prepare for exposure to tear gas and what to do if exposed.

Here is a general resources page from Black Lives Matter.

Here is an educational resources page from Showing Up for Racial Justice.

Here is a thread on non-optical allyship. Click to read the full thread.

Here is a guide to protesting rights applicable to New York State.