A reflection on this past semester

The Miscellany News.

I think we can all agree that these past couple of weeks have been a “tad” stressful. Yet, this semester is quickly approaching its end, which means it is time for the bi-annual self-reflection on what we have learned in our classes… and other environments. 

This semester I have written articles about lying, not doing my work and more lying. And though I hate to admit it, these are all skills that have come in handy this semester. It was the first semester post-Zoom classes, and things have somewhat returned to normal. However, the business that was once missed last year proved to be a bit stressful. 

So like any sane college student, I crept back into some “bad” habits. Most nights, I went to bed past 3 a.m., started and completed assignments within the same hour and  gave myself more days off than were deserved. But you know what? I don’t regret it at all. And yes, that is a lie, considering that I am writing this article when I have three final papers that I have not even started and have not done the readings for. Look, I know that this is a school and we should be very studious, and for the most part, I am… kinda. And if my mother or professors are reading this, don’t. 

Now, I know that I am not alone on this one. Monique Allen ’23, has welcomed these new habits in stride. She states, “I have never seen myself soar higher… and swing lower.” Allie Finio ’23 faced some similar challenges. “I have three papers due before the week is over, and I haven’t even thought about them. This semester packed a punch,” she said. 

OK, is this a good habit to have built up? No. Did I have a lot of fun and downtime? Yes, yes I did.