This crossword will send you on an adventure—for clues in bold, go out and walk around campus to find the answers. There are only four of these interactive clues, but don’t let that stop you from wandering around for as long as you want. Take a break from your busy day to enjoy our little Vassar bubble!
1. Code made of A, G, C and T
4. A bowl of cherries that can give you lemons? 8. The giraffe from Madagascar
14. Opera solos
15. Badu and others
16. Explore Joss Beach! While you admire the little sculptures and stacks of rocks, look for a stone plaque with this inscription beneath an oak.
19. __ Leonard, sheet music publishing company
22. Fond du __, WI
23. Reprimanding utterance
25. A way to mark an email
27. Partner of honey in a nature valley bar
30. Improv rule number one
32. Capital of Vietnam
33. A variety of guy, of which there are now famously only three.
36. A clock sound in a Kesha song
37. Aids and ___
39. A first name and last initial from a song
42. A bench on the Priscilla Bullitt Collins trail has one of these creatures drawn on it, and it is indicated by the artist that she is a lesbian. While you’re there take a second to admire the rest of this iconic Vassar landmark.
43. Cities like the one in The Taming of the Shrew 46. Union for film and TV performers (abbr.)
49. A magic number
50. Curved line
51. Small dog sound
54. 100 year old
58. Asylum seeker
60. Vintage video game maker
61. Micronesia has four of them
63. This year’s goes from Feb. 22 to Apr. 6
64. Travel in this direction to get from the Deece to Swift.
1. Pachelbel has a canon in this key
2. Poet Pablo
3. “I was in the shower,” “I was at work,” etc.
4. Take this train line when traveling east out of NYC
5. When you’re waiting for a package, you wonder if it’s __ __
7. Constitutional change almost ratified in the ’70s (abbr.)
9. Stroll over to Sunset Lake. Look for turtles and see if you can spot the heron who lives near the patch of tall grass on the far side (there may or may not be some drama going on between her and the geese…). Once you get to the other side, find the last bench, closest to the waterfall. It’s dedicated to this woman, Vassar class of ’31. Now walk up Sunset hill and look at the view!
10. A non-verbal lang.
12. Murmur of uncertainty
13. They allow only 3.4 oz liquids
15. And so on
17. Subjects beside math in many state K-12 curricula (abbr.)
18. A handful of
20. Corneal surgery
24. Camping chain
26. Reactions to a centipede
28. One can live in a farm or a hill
31. A baked dessert made of the red-haired friend from Austin and Ally?
32. Take into consideration
33. A brown striped cat
34. A baseball stat
35. Second person possessive adjective for a pirate
38. In football, often accompanied by silly dances (abbr.)
40. Armitage of Young Sheldon
41. Some of Shakespeare’s plays originally appeared in this format
44. Default Google Doc fonts
45. “Red” anti-Communist periods
47. Not obtuse
48. Against (Germ.)
49. Suffix for meteor or Trotsky
52. They want your taxes
53. Dog, cat, etc.
55. Egg holder
57. Another clue for the Priscilla Bullitt Collins Trail! There are this many weeping wil- lows on the trail. While you count them, enjoy listening to the water!
59. Cookware brand T-__