BREAKING NEWS: Emily Mortimer to give address at 160th Commencement

Image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.

On Feb. 9, 2024, The Miscellany News was informed by Vassar College that actress and filmmaker Emily Mortimer will address the Class of 2024 at the 160th Commencement. The ceremony is scheduled to take place on May 19, 2024.

Notably, Mortimer voiced young Sophie in the English-dubbed version of “Howl’s Moving Castle,” portrayed Nicole in “The Pink Panther” and starred as MacKenzie “Mac” Morgan McHale in HBO’s “The Newsroom.” She was nominated for a British Academy Television Award (BAFTA) for her work as a supporting actress in “The Pursuit of Love,” which she also wrote and directed. She will portray Mrs. Brown in the upcoming “Paddington in Peru” movie. 

Mortimer was born and raised in Hammersmith, London, and later attended Oxford University, where she studied Russian. Mortimer now resides in Brooklyn, NY, with her husband, actor Alessandro Nivola, and their two children. An interview with Mortimer and The Miscellany News is forthcoming.

1. I loved Helen Mortimer in the movie City Island. Where I lived before movin g ton the Hudson Valley

2. Ok let’s try this again since they censored my first submission. Emily Mortimer is an amazing talent! Love her! Why Vassar? She should be at Speaker’s Corner and the Wailing Wall! Let the whole world hear her.