Are you curious what alumnae/i who major in Sociology go on to do after Vassar? Are you in the process of declaring your major and considering Sociology? Thinking about a possible double major? Join the Sociology Majors Committee, Sociology Department, and the Career Development Office to hear from our Sociology alumnae/i about the careers they have gone on to pursue and the ways in which they use their Sociology background to this day!
Confirmed alumnae/i include:
– Patricia Franz ’01, Analyst at the Department of Justice
– Isaac Kestenbaum ’03, Director at SALT Institute for Documentary Studies at MECA
– Sitara Mahtani ’14, Research Project Manager at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
– Warren McKinney ’06, Investigator at the Hennepin Healthcare Research Institute
– Asaf Orr ’02, Senior Staff Attorney & Director of the Transgender Youth Project at the National Center for Lesbian Rights (NCLR)
– Tanay Tatum Edwards ’12, Founder & CEO of FreeCap
This event will be in Zoom meeting format and the first hour will be a panel (with time included for attendees to ask questions). The last half-hour is reserved for an informal networking reception where attendees will have the opportunity to join our panelists in breakout rooms to get more specific questions answered.
Need menstrual products? Project Period is taking product orders from students at no cost to ensure that basic health needs are being met! All forms are anonymous and will only record a student’s 999 number and the specific information about their orders. Orders will be put together in paper bags, which will be available for pickup outside the Office of Health Promotion and Education, labeled with the last four digits of student’s 999 number. Scan the barcode below to place an order! For any questions, please firstname.lastname@example.org (No orders are being carried forward from fall 2020 semester, please fill out the form again to receive products this Spring 2021 semester)