VSA Updates 5/1/18

Consensus Agenda – Passed

Finance allocations

  • $210.15/$210.15 from Capital to Barefoot Monkeys for charcoal poi, used for fire shows; the current ones are dysfunctional
  • $1,100/$1,500 from Discretionary to Crafts Not Bombs for the publication and reception of art history and studio art majors collaboration
  • $300/$1,399 from Discretionary to Crafts not Bombs for a Club VChai event
  • $150/$300 from Discretionary to Vassar Business Club for an Entertainment Panel and alumni travel reimbursement
  • $300/$300 from Capital to Poder Latinx for artist banners
  • $160.15/$160.15 from Collaboration to Project Period for menstrual cups
  • $824.15/$824.15 from Capital to VC++ for whiteboard wallpaper, speakers, tablecloths, vc++ sign, books, projector, monitors, webcam, keyboard and mouse and Raspberry Pi
  • $2288.19/$2288.19 from Capital to WVKR for DJMS9, CDJ Cases, DJM Cover, a rolling table, plastic shelf lining and new needles
  • $150/$150 from Community to Grassroots Alliance for Alternative Politics for GIS for Justice: Applying Community Engaged Mapping in Poughkeepsie

Appointments

  • Jewett Programming Director – Rachael Hahn
  • Joss Treasurer – Colin Croghan
  • Noyes Secretary – Nadim Majumder
  • SEED Representative – Jacob Hunter
  • SEED Representative – Sonali Deshpande \

Promotion to full org

  • Project Period

VSA Transition

  • The next Senate meeting will be a joint meeting between the incoming and outgoing Senates. At this meeting, the final budget for 2018–2019 will be passed and outgoing President Anish Kanoria ’18 will pass the gavel to his successor, incoming President Tamar Ballard ’19.

Health and Wellness Committee

  • The Health and Wellness Committee and Kanoria are meeting with President Bradley to discuss the state of health services (including Baldwin and Metcalf) on campus.

Organizations Committee

  • The Organizations Committee has been collecting contact information for incoming org leadership. The committee is planning to extend the Fall Leadership Conference to two days instead of the usual one.

Vice President

  • The Operations Committee has been meeting with applicants for positions on the 2018–2019 Board of Elections and Appointments (BoEA). All positions will be filled by the end of the current Senate session.

President

  • Kanoria, along with outgoing Chair of Organizations Pat De Young ’18 and outgoing Chair of Equity and Inclusion and incoming President Tamar Ballard, met with President Bradley and Assistant Dean for Campus Life and Director of Religious and Spiritual Life Sam Speers to discuss the relationship between the Office of Religious and Spiritual Life (RSL) and the VSA as pertaining to RSL-affiliated orgs.
  • The committee to review Dean of the College Chris Roellke’s tenure will submit its final report and recommendation to President Bradley this week.
  • Kanoria met with international students to discuss spaces on campus for international students to meet and work in. The group will meet with faculty and members of the Engaged Pluralism Initiative to discuss this matter further.
  • Kanoria is in the process of composing his report to the Board of Trustees for their meeting in May.

—Julian Corbett, VSA General Intern

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *